The University Computing Center was established in 1971 when the University acquired an IBM 1130 Computing System. At that time this machine was serving entire university community and most of the key organisations in the country.
In 1973 the Computing Center was moved to a new four-storied building with a total floor area of about 1000 square meters. This enhance the services of CC.
At present, the computing center of the Faculty of Engineering, University of Peradeniya provides a wide range of computing services to students and staff of the University of Peradeniya as well as to other institutions on request. It provides its users the whole spectrum of modern data processing from fast workstations and a powerful network up to special devices and high-performance computers.