- Prof. P. B. R. Dissanayake
- Dr. U. I. Dissanayake
- Dr. C. S. Bandara (Laboratory in-charge)
- Dr. J.A.S.C.Jayasinghe
- Mr. C.W. Jayawardhana
- Mr. B.G.B.C. Perera
- Mr. U.P. Wijewardena
- Mr. A.N.G.P.Rangana
- Mr. H.P.G.N. Ratnayake
- Mr. L.S.C. Perera
Rehabilitation proposals and strengthening schemes for damaged or distressed structures.
Equipment / testing facilities
- Strong floor with reaction frames for testing structural parts, Capacity 50 T.
- Wide range of hydraulic jacks with control units, Capacity 50 T.
- Pre-stressing bed with pre-stressing jacks.
- Static and dynamic data loggers, load cells, displacement transducers, strain gauges and accelerometers etc., for data acquisition.
- Fully computer controlled portable data monitoring and logging systems for strains, displacements and loads etc., up to 50 channels.
- Ground penetration radar unit.
- Re-bound hammer, ultrasonic pulse velocity tester, concrete core cutter, half-cell potential meter, cover meter, GPR system and non-destructive hardness tester.
Student experiments, design classes, field classes
- Slider crank mechanism
- Torsional pendulum
- Internal forces in beams
- Plane truss
- Instrumentation (state of the art technology)
- Structural health monitoring
- Structural failures
- Stress analysis
- Fatigue of metals
- Earthquake engineering
- Blast resistant structures
- Ground penetration radar
- Corrosion of steel structures
- New teaching tools for structural design and analysis
Services to the industry
- Testing of Hume pipes, electrical poles, man-hole covers, wall panels, pre-cast beams.
- Design of steel, concrete and composite structures.
- Non-destructive testing of steel and concrete structures.
- Rehabilitation proposals and strengthening schemes for damaged or distressed structures.
- Testing of concrete in existing structures.
- Detecting underground structures, rock and soil layers, voids etc
Laboratory telephone number : Channa - 081 239 3583