Computer Aided Design Laboratory
CAD laboratory is equipped with a computer network with necessary hardware and civil engineering software specializing in structural analysis, drafting and developing solutions for industrial applications. Some of the commercial finite element packages available at CAD Lab are SAP2000, MIDAS, GRASP and FLAC. In addition to that, some in-house codes are also available for various structural analysis and design purposes. Furthermore, CAD laboratory provides working environment for undergraduate and post-graduate research studies
- 83 Nos. of Laptops available for classes
- 34 Nos. of Desktop Computers available for researchers
- 2 projectors
- Rajapakse R. M. C. M., Wijesundara K. K. and Dissanayake P. B. R. 2016, “Force based linear static analysis of 2-d curved tapered Timoshenko beam elements”, in Sixth International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, pp. 1252-1256.
- Rajapakse R. M. C. M., Wijesundara K. K. and Dissanayake P. B. R. 2016, “Nonlinear static force based finite element analysis of steel Euler-Bernoulli beam elements having complex geometries”, in Annual Sessions 2016: Society of Structural Engineers Sri Lanka, Colombo.
- Dharmasiri, Kasun, Wijesundara K. K., Dammika, A. J. and Dissanayake P. B. R. 2016, “Dynamics of a 2D curved cantilever Timoshenko beam element using force based finite element formulation”, in Sixth International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, pp. 1407-1411.
- Dharmasiri, M. A. K. M., Wijesundara K. K., Dammika, A. J. and Dissanayake P. B. R., 2016, “Modal characteristics of arch structures using force-based finite element formulation”, in Annual Sessions 2016: Society of Structural Engineers Sri Lanka, Colombo.
- Wijesundara K.K., Nascimbene R., Rassati G.A.,  “Modelling of Different Bracing Configuration in Multi-Storey Concentrically Braced Frame using a Force Based Approach”, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 103, 241-250.
- Wijesundara K.K. and Rajeev P., 2012, “Direct Displacement Based Design of Concentrically Braced Frame Structures”, Australian Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 13 (3), 243
- Wijesundara K.K., Negulescu C. and Foerster E., 2015, “Estimation of Modal Properties of Low-Rise Buildings Using Ambient Excitation Measurements”, Journal of Shock and Vibration.
- Rajeev P. and Wijesundara K.K., 2014. “Energy Based Damage Index for Concentrically Braced Steel Frame Structures Using Continuous Wavelet Transform”, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 101, 426-436
- Wijesundara K.K., 2014,,“Proposed Method for Estimation of Damping Ratio of a Structure Using Continuous Wavelet Transformation Method”, Proceedings of iPURSE, July 4-5, 2014, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- Wijesundara K.K. “Application of Continuous Wavelet Transformation Method in Estimation of Model Properties”, 2012, Proceedings of the International Conference on Sustainable Built Environment, December 13-15, 2012, Kandy, Sri Lanka.
- Wijesundara K.K., Negulescu D., Monfort D. and Foerster E., 2012, “Identification of Model Parameters of Ambient Excitation Structures using Continuous Wavelet Transform”, Proceedings of 15th World Conference in Earthquake Engineering, September 24-28, 2012, Lisbon, Portugal
- Dananjaya S., Dissanayake R., Senevirathne N. and Wijesundara K.K., 2014, “Simulation of bedrock motion to Obtain PGA values”, The Proceedings of the 10th International Conference of the International Institute for Infrastructure Resilience and Reconstruction (I3R2) 20-22 May 2014. (38-41). West Lafayette, Indiana: Purdue University.
- Uduweriya S.B., Wijesundara K.K. and Dissanayake P.B.R., 2013, “Probabilistic Seismic Hazard Macrozonation in Sri Lanka” Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Structural Engineering and Construction Management, December 13-15, 2013, Kandy, Sri Lanka.
- Marasingha J., Wijesundara K.K. and Dissanayake U.I., 2013, “Application of Incremental Dynamic and Pushover Analysis for Seismic Assessment of a Typical School Building in Sri Lanka”, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Structural Engineering and Construction Management, December 13-15, 2013, Kandy, Sri Lanka.
- Marasingha J., Wijesundara K.K. and Dissanayake U.I., 2013, “Seismic Assessment of Typical Two-Storey School Building in Sri Lanka” Proceedings of the Annual Session Society of Structural Engineers, September 23, 2013, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Advanced linear and nonlinear analysis of structures for extreme loadings
- Structural assessment through ambient vibration measurements using wavelet transformations
- Development of finite element codes for analysis of frame structures using forced based finite element methodology
- Detailed stress analysis of structural components incorporating different material models
Laboratory Telephone number : Mr. A.S.Weerasinghe +94 81 239 3553